Position: Assistant Director of Special EventsReports to: Director of Marketing and Special Events
Work with the Director of Special Events to provide overall leadership of the Chapter’s special events team. The ideal candidate will take a leading role in the strategic development of The ALS Association’s signature peer-to-peer fundraising program, The Walk to Defeat ALS, as well as all Community Events programs. The Assistant Director will be responsible for implementing an aggressive and successful program to meet financial goals for the Walk to Defeat ALS and other fundraising and awareness events.
Assist the Director of Special Events in all areas relating to the Chapter’s Walks to Defeat ALS program in an effort to increase overall growth of the program.
Develop and execute a comprehensive program strategy that will drive increased revenue and participation through the Walk to Defeat ALS and Community Events.
Utilize data-driven evaluation to assess, current and emerging trends, to continually improve upon Chapter’s best practices.
Solicit major Walk sponsors and cultivate prospective leads.
Provide strong leadership and management for Walk program through ongoing coaching, direction, and guidance of events Team.
Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with event chairs, committee members, patients, family members, and team members.
- Work with communications team on all Walk and event outreach
Oversee the promotion, advertising and marketing of the events through print materials, newspapers, radio, television, e-blasts and social media.
Assist the Director with the planning and implementation of all Walk related wrap-around events including Kick-Off events and ALS Awareness events.
Supervise the updating of all documents related to Walk Day programming including:
- Task Managers
- Production Schedules
- Runs of Show
- Staff/Volunteer Assignments
- Phone lists
- Maintain records and provide routine reports about fundraising efforts and other Chapter and National analyses that are important in evaluating the effectiveness of the Walk program.
Work with Director of Events on planning and execution of Auction component of the Annual Sports Awards Gala.
Provide support as-needed for other Chapter events including but not limited to:
- Third Party/Wrap-Around Fundraisers
- Young Professional Group Events
- Students Challenge ALS Program
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Chapter Board members and Chapter staff at all levels.
- Participate in National Association meetings and conferences concerning national signature event, marketing and revenue development.
Manage the acknowledgment process for all event donors.
- A bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years of non-profit event management experience.
- Established track record of peer-to-peer fundraising program success, with significant emphasis on Walks/Endurance Events with 7-figure+ revenue budgets.
- Proven history of creating new and successful programs as well as taking current programs/initiatives to new heights.
- Must have strong relationship management skills and donor development skills.
- Previous experience in staff supervision preferred.
- Strong time management skills and willingness to work in a team-based environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience using Convio, DonorPro, and database programs desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be available nights and weekends
- Light travel within Chapter’s service area
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Director of Marketing and Special Events
Applicants who do not provide the complete package of information will not be considered.
No calls, please.